Permissions required to edit Extended Properties?

Reporting tool for database schema

Moderator: Support Team

Permissions required to edit Extended Properties?

Postby BrentNelson » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:27 pm

I'm considering using DTM Schema Reporter to document a SQL Server database. Working with the evaluation version, so far it looks really good! I have a question, though:

I enter a description on the Tables tab, then go to the Export tab under Descriptions. I check "Export descriptions to currently connected database directly", and click Export. Nothing happens. I've verified that my description doesn't get exported to the database. Would that be because I'm using the evaluation version of DTM Schema Reporter, or because I don't have the correct role or permissions in the database? Which role or permissions would I need to have in order to edit the Extended Properties?

I click "Export descriptions to SQL script file", and click Export. I get the Export Descriptions box saying "1 item(s) was exported". But nothing has happened - no export file was created. Again, would that be because I'm using the evaluation version of DTM Schema Reporter?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

-Brent
BrentNelson

Re: Permissions required to edit Extended Properties?

Postby Support Team » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:31 am

Brent, please could you contact our support guys at support@sqledit.com with exact version number and SQL Server version?
It seems as some compatibility issue.
Support Team

Re: Permissions required to edit Extended Properties?

Postby Support Team » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:44 pm

My colleagues recommend to update the tool to build 1.29.15.
It has better diagnostics for the export feature.
Support Team

Return to DTM Schema Reporter