Test XML Generator Abstract Element

Powerful and fully customizable utility that generates data for database testing purposes

Moderator: Support Team

Test XML Generator Abstract Element

Postby Fredii » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:41 am

Hello,

the import of the xsd-scheme didn't create the full structure of the document. One problem seems to be with abstract elements.

Therefore I'm trying to model an abstract element of my XSD-scheme, which will be replaced by one of four different elements. Is there a predefined way to do this?
If this is not the case, I can use a workaround by grouping the four elements and adjusting the probability.

Best Regards
Fredi

P.S. The processing of abstract elements during a xsd-import might also be a future feature ;)
Fredii

Re: Test XML Generator Abstract Element

Postby Fredii » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 pm

The workaround works for one group. Right now I have a problem with a second group under the same node. If I assign a second group number it won't use it.

group1 50% ; group1 50% ; group2 50% ; group2 50% -> it only makes use of one element out of the first group; the other two elements get ignored

group1 25% ; group1 25% ; group2 25% ; group2 25% -> it will make use of one element out of both Groups

Restartung the programm didn't help.

Thank you for your help :D
Fredi
Fredii

Postby Support Team » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:45 pm

Please, could you send us your project file by e-mail? My colleagues from QA department will try to reproduce the issue.
Support Team

Postby Fredii » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:44 am

Sure, will do.
Fredii

Postby Support Team » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:54 am

My colleagues report that you can use only one group at some level (i.e. list of nodes). At the moment it is an internal limitation.
I'll contact you for details soon.
Support Team

Postby Support Team » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:36 am

Our developers removed the limitation in the build 1.19.10.
Please, update your copy of the XML generator. There are no project file modifications required.
Support Team

Postby Fredii » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:23 am

Thank you, everything works fine now.
Fredii

Return to DTM Data Generator, Flat File Generator and Test XML Generator