Regarding Performance

Powerful and fully customizable utility that generates data for database testing purposes

Moderator: Support Team

Regarding Performance

Postby Lakshmi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:01 am

I am using trail version of DTM data Generator where in it can generate max 25 rows and at the same time it showing the time taken as 9 rows/sec.
As i saw in the website the tool can genarate 8500 rows/sec. I can see the variation . Can somebody help me ,what would be the max time it would take for generating 10,000 rows.

This help would be required ,i am planning to setup 40 million accounts in my database and i need to give proper estimation.

Thanks In Advance,
Lakshmi
Lakshmi

Re: Regarding Performance

Postby Support Team » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:17 pm

Lakshmi,

Please keep in mind that the program calculates preparation time in any case. For example, if 5 seconds required to prepare job and 0.5 seconds to generate 25 rows:
25/(5+0.5) = 4.5 rows per second. If you have 100 rows: 100/(5+2) = 14 rows per second for the same(!) scenario.

Please understand that performance depends on rule and table complexity and we can't estimate it without detailed information about your case.
You can contact us by e-mail for details.

In any case we recommend to read an article about DTM Data Generator performance at our web-site as well as use "Performance Mode" for already prepared projects.
Support Team

Return to DTM Data Generator, Flat File Generator and Test XML Generator