DTM Data Editor Connection to desktop file

Form based data viewer and editor

Moderator: Support Team

DTM Data Editor Connection to desktop file

Postby Fredii » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:27 am

Hey,

I'm trying to make changes to the "library.mdb" of the "DTM Test XML Generator". Therefore I downloaded the "DTM Data Editor" and tried to edit a copied version of the library on my desktop.

But the connection won't work. I searched in the help and here but didn't find anything that works. Can't open it with "Microsoft Access" aswell.

The "Information" tells me:
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Users\Fredi\Desktop\library.mdb;
Nicht erkennbares Datenbankformat 'C:\Users\Fredi\Desktop\library.mdb'. 0x80004005 (EN: Unknown Database Format)

The Log:
<< DTM Data Editor DEMO 1.05.03, UNICODE, x86, EC59B3EA53082373>>
<< build: May 28 2016 16:30:52,OS=6.01.7601 [Windows 7] Service Pack 1 under Wow64 >>
COLEDB:: Connect Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Users\Fredi\Desktop\library.mdb;
OLEDB.cpp [124]
0x80004005 Nicht erkennbares Datenbankformat 'C:\Users\Fredi\Desktop\library.mdb'.
COLEDB:: Connect Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Users\Fredi\Desktop\library.mdb;
OLEDB.cpp [124]
0x80004005 Nicht erkennbares Datenbankformat 'C:\Users\Fredi\Desktop\library.mdb'. (EN: Unknown Database Format)
codbc.cpp [662]
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Datenbank '(unbekannt)' konnte nicht geöffnet werden. Entweder wird die Datenbank nicht von Ihrer Anwendung erkannt, oder die Datei ist beschädigt.,S1000,-1028
codbc.cpp [665] (EN: The database 'unkown' couldn't be opened. Either the database wasn't recognized/seen/identified by the application, or is damaged.)
ODBC:: DriverConnect(DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\Users\Fredi\Desktop\library.mdb;ExtendedAnsiSQL=1;) [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Datenbank '(unbekannt)' konnte nicht geöffnet werden. Entweder wird die Datenbank nicht von Ihrer Anwendung erkannt, oder die Datei ist beschädigt.,S1000,-1028 (EN: The database 'unkown' couldn't be opened. Either the database wasn't recognized/seen/identified by the application, or is damaged.)

I translated the German for you.

Thanks for your help :)
Fredi
Fredii

Re: DTM Data Editor Connection to desktop file

Postby Support Team » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:29 pm

library.mdb is not a Microsoft Access file anymore. As described at www.SQLedit.com/dg/help/library.html it is an SQLite 3 database now.

That means you have to download and install ODBC driver for SQLite and use it for the library modifications.
Support Team

Postby Support Team » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:35 pm

www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/

> That means you have to download and install ODBC driver for SQLite and use
> it for the library modifications.
Support Team

Postby Fredii » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:23 am

Thanks for the quick help, that worked out.
Fredii

Return to DTM Data Editor