SQL Server ODBC Driver

Database stress testing tool

Moderator: Support Team

SQL Server ODBC Driver

Postby varelad » Fri May 12, 2006 12:01 pm

Hello,

I have done some testings using ODBC SQL Serber Driver and I find a bit annoyeing that if I put just about 80 threads the ODBC driver gets stalled. Which parameters do you recomend using that drivers to get the DB overwhelmed.

Thanks!
varelad

Re: SQL Server ODBC Driver

Postby Support Team » Fri May 12, 2006 1:49 pm

varelad wrote:I have done some testings using ODBC SQL Serber Driver and I find a bit annoyeing that if I put just about 80 threads the ODBC driver gets stalled. Which parameters do you recomend using that drivers to get the DB overwhelmed.

There are no general recommendations. It depends on your processor type (and number of), HT support, DTM DB Stress version, Operating System version and settings.

Please could you describe your task in more details? Do you really need so threads?
Support Team

Postby Mihalis » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:00 pm

By some reason we could not create more than 64 threads with SQL Server native client. Any suggestions?
Mihalis

Postby Support Team » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:11 pm

Mihalis wrote:By some reason we could not create more than 64 threads with SQL Server native client. Any suggestions?

Mihalis, please be sure that you have Professional version. The standard version of the stress tool has internal buffer limitation like mentioned.
Support Team

Return to DTM DB Stress